It has come to my attention recently that there are roughly eleventy billion fantasy books out there that I have not read. To combat this, I’ve decided to create a reading challenge, because I always do better when I hold myself accountable. So, who wants to join me?
the fantasy reading challenge will run from January 1st, 2012 – December 31st, 2012. Sign up begins today and lasts until February 1st, 2012.
If science fiction is more to your tastes, I will also be doing a sci-fi challenge. Details will be posted tomorrow.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
1. Sign up with the link below. If you don’t have a blog, you can link your Goodreads account.
2. Grab the image on the left for your site.
3. Choose your level.
4. Leave a comment letting me know what level you’ve chosen.
Hobbit: 5 books
Elf: 10 books
Vampire Slayer: 15 books
Wizard: 30 books
Brothers Grimm: 50 books
Dragonrider: 75 books
Curse Breaker: 100 books
Titan: 130+ books
More info: the books you choose can be in any sub-genre of fantasy, and can be adult, YA, or MG. Comics and graphic novels also count.
If you need suggestions, click here.
1. Read only high/epic fantasy
2. Read only urban fantasy
3. Read only historical fantasy
4. If you normally read adult, read only YA/ MG; or vice versa
5. Include at least 5 debut authors
6. Read only books based of myths/legends/ fairytales
I’m going to try for the Brother’s Grimm level; 50 books. I might shoot for Dragonrider.
What level are you going for? Do you have any great fantasy suggestions?